"Out here in the kitchen, I finally woke up wondering what the hell was going on because he had hold of my arm. I'm bleeding like hell and that's when I called 911."
When emergency help arrived, they found carbon monoxide at " staggering" levels. "We took a reading of the enviroment and found 75 parts per million," said Novato Deputy Fire Chief Adam Brolan. To put that in perspective, we don our breathing gear at 25 parts per million."
Firefighters took Jack to the hospital, where he recovered after a brief stay, and is now fine. Farrell adds that Max is his best buddy and goes everywhere with him, loving to ride in Jack's pickup, and continues to sleep with him, as well as sitting "anywhere he pleases."
" I'd be dead," Jack said. "He saved my life."
Thanks to sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com for some of the above information.